B Complex Vitamins – what are they?
B Complex Vitamins are categorised by number and are often known by other names. Here’s a quick breakdown of each B Vitamin and its role within your body:
- Vitamin B1/Thiamine: Creates energy from carbohydrates and is needed for healthy nerve function and the production of DNA and RNA
- Vitamin B2/Riboflavin: Converts glucose to energy, assists digestion and improves skin, hair and nail structure
- Vitamin B3/Niacin: Required for the metabolism of glucose and fats
- Vitamin B5/Pantothenic acid: Involved in the production of amino acids and fatty acids. Also required for adrenal function, hormone production and nerve regulation
- Vitamin B6: Used to metabolise fats and proteins and helps convert glucose into energy. Also assists nervous system health
- Vitamin B7 /Biotin: Required to metabolise fat, protein and cholesterol
- Vitamin B9 /Folic acid: Important for the production of red blood cells and for normal cell division (which is why it is recommended during pregnancy)
- Vitamin B12: Essential for the production of blood cells in bone marrow, nerve sheaths and proteins. Important for healthy nerve function
What happens if you don’t get enough B Complex Vitamins?
Deficiencies in the B Complex vitamins range from mild to dangerously serious. Symptoms of deficiency differ for each B vitamin but across the group may include: light sensitivity, insomnia, emotional distress, tiredness, stress, anxiety, dermatitis, edema (swelling of body tissues), depression, impaired growth, mental confusion, high blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, other heart conditions and birth defects.
Where to get your B Complex Vitamins
To get a good mix of B Complex vitamins from food, try to include the following in your diet each day:
- Cereals and grains
- Bananas and citrus fruits
- Leafy green vegetables
- Chicken and eggs
- Beans and legumes
Bee Pollen: A natural B Complex Supplement
Bee Pollen granules are a natural powerhouse of B Complex Vitamins. With no additives, chemicals or preservatives, pure natural Bee Pollen granules deliver Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, B5, B12 and B9/Folic Acid. Combined with a balanced diet, Bee Pollen is a perfect B Complex supplement. With the additional vitamins and minerals naturally found in bee pollen, it may give you the natural health boost you’ve been looking for!
Mr Vitamins Recommends:
Natural Life 100% pure Australian Bee Pollen is recommended for your daily does of B Complex vitamins. It’s easy to add to cereals or smoothies and tastes great too!